by Megha Pai, Havas PR assistant account executive
It’s no secret—our skills are award-winning. We stole the show at the 2019 PRSA Pittsburgh Renaissance Awards last week, taking home 14 honors and a feeling of triumph. As Pittsburgh PR pros, the Renaissance Awards are like our Oscars—this annual event highlights our region’s best in communications, from campaigns and tactics to the PR pros themselves.
We’re thrilled that our skills in B2B campaigns, media relations, influencer relations, social media campaigns, new products and services communications, tactics, and reputation management were highlighted with our award wins. We took home 12 awards for our client work with the following entries:
- International Play Equipment Manufacturers Association (IPEMA)—“Make Room for Recess”
- MilliporeSigma—“Curiosity Cube™ Ignites Scientific Passion”
- Scene75—“Driving Buzz for Scene75’s Pittsburgh Opening”
- Shadow Mountain Publishing—“Turn the Page for ‘Unshattered’”
- Transitions Optical—“Adapting to Younger Eyes,” “Transitions PRO Instagram Launch,” “Transitions Style Colors and Style Mirrors Product Launch” and “Transitions Style Collection Guide”
Of course, we couldn’t unleash this award-winning work without our top-notch team members—two of whom were honored during the Renaissance Awards:
- Courtney Myers, senior vice president, won the coveted Renaissance Hall of Fame Award for her accomplishments and dedication to the industry over the past 20-plus years. Courtney, who joined Havas PR in 1997, leads the Transitions Optical account and is a member of our senior leadership team.
- Deanna Tomaselli, account supervisor, won the PRSA Member of the Year Award for her leadership and commitment to PRSA Pittsburgh. Deanna’s been an active PRSA member for over 10 years, and serves on the Pittsburgh chapter’s board as a co-chair of the Public Service Committee.
Congratulations to Courtney, Deanna and the Havas PR Pittsburgh team! We can’t wait to see what next year has in store.